Sunday, September 26, 2010

Grammartalk 10HB, Page 1 - Prepositions of Place and Time

"Women in the Garden" Claude Monet, 1866


1.
A: Where do you live?
B: I live on Valencia Street. It’s in the Mission District.
A: Do you live near 16th Street?
B: Not too far. I live between 20th and 21st Streets.
A: Where do you attend English class?
B: I attend English class at Mission Campus

2.
A: How can I find your apartment?
B: It’s on the top floor. I live in Number 31.
A: Is there an elevator in the building?
B: Yes, there is. My apartment is on the right as you leave the elevator.
A: How long have you lived in San Francisco?
B: I’ve lived here for six years.

3.
A: How long did you live in Mexico City?
B: I lived there for sixteen years. I moved in 1995.
A: How long have you studied at Mission Campus?
B: I’ve studied English at Mission Campus for two semesters.
A: Are you interested in the computer classes also?
B: Yes, I’m also interested in the computer classes.

4.
A: Where is Mission Campus located?
B: It’s at 106 Bartlett Street.
A: Is it near 22nd Street?
B: Yes, it is. It’s on the corner of Bartlett and 22nd.
A: When is the first class at Mission Campus?
B: The first class begins at 8:30 am.

5.
A: Could you tell me where the canned soup is?
B: It’s in aisle 3 on the second shelf.
A: Could you tell me where the potatoes are?
B: You’ll find them in the middle of aisle 4, on the bottom shelf.
A: I’m looking for disposable diapers. Where are they?
B: There aren’t any diapers in this store. You’ll find them at Walgreens. It’s on Mission Street.

6.
A: Do you live on Mission Street?
B: No, I don’t. I live on Noe Street.
A: Do you live on the top of the hill?
B: No, I don’t. I live on the bottom of the hill.
A: Is there a patio in back of your house?
B: No, there isn’t. But there’s a small garden in front of my house.

7.
A: Could you tell me how to get to Mission Campus?
B: Certainly. Walk up Mission Street to 22nd.
A: This is 18th. Is 22nd four blocks from here?
B: That’s right. Turn right on 22nd. Walk along 22nd.
A: Ok. I turn right on 22nd and walk along 22nd.
B: Yes. You’ll see Mission Campus on the left, at the corner of Bartlett and 22nd.

8.
A: Can you tell me how to get to the post office?
B: Sure. Walk along 22nd Street to South Van Ness.
A: Let’s see. Walk along 22nd Street to South Van Ness. Is that what you said?
B: Yes. When you reach South Van Ness, turn right.
A: So I turn right on South Van Ness.
B: Yes. Walk up South Van Ness, and you’ll see the
post office on the right, at the corner of South Van Ness and 23rd.

9.
A: I’m trying to reach Mr. Parker. Is he at home?
B: No, he isn’t at home right now. He’s at school.
A: I tried to reach him at school, but I couldn’t.
B: You couldn’t reach him at school? He must be at work.
A: No, I tried to get him at work. He wasn’t there.
B: That’s right. He’s at the laundromat. I forgot.

10
A: You can buy the book for this class at the bookstore.
B: Could you tell me where the bookstore is?
A: Yes, it’s on the first floor.
B: Is it near the entrance of the building?
A: Yes. As you enter the building, you’ll see it on the left.
B: Okay. As I enter the building, it’ll be on my left.

1 comment:

  1. Individuals do need to consider the way that by picking incorrectly way they can never have the capacity to reach at some place exceptionally at some great and right point as wrong way drives just to wrong path.visit site

    ReplyDelete